It’s been nearly fifty years since Congress and the Executive Branch made their last major reforms to the Presidency. And in recent years, the laws, norms, and institutions they created have been challenged.
Checks & Balances invites you to join us for a virtual roundtable discussion on efforts to reform executive power. This discussion will feature prominent scholars and former senior officials, including:
- Bob Bauer: former White House Counsel to President Barack Obama
- Kelsi Brown Corkran: Director at Georgetown’s Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection
- Jack Goldsmith: former Assistant Attorney General in the Office of Legal Counsel under President George W. Bush
- Quinta Jurecic: Senior Editor at Lawfare
- Mary McCord: Executive Director of Georgetown’s Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection
- Alan Charles Raul: former Associate Counsel to President Ronald Reagan
The virtual event will be held on Wednesday, November 3 from 12pm – 1:15pm ET.
*Previously, George Conway was scheduled to participate in this event, but he is no longer able to do so.